Behind every spectacular training session is a lot of preparation and meticulous attention to detail. The truly skilled trainer can make a program exciting. The learners will have fun while they are learning. The facilitator has been able to involve their emotions as well as their minds. Participants will see the involvement, and they will feel the energy.
To reach this stage as an adult educator isn’t always easy, but success isn’t just for the naturally gifted. It is possible for all of us who put effort into our personal growth and development, because we want the enormous satisfaction that comes from working with others to help them reach their potential as human beings. This workshop is their start to that goal.
- Introduction and Course Overview You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- Preparing to Learn To begin, participants will explore what they want out of this workshop.
- Understanding Learning Next, participants will talk about the role of the facilitator, and the top skills a trainer needs.
- Competencies for Adult Educators This session will give participants a profile of the gaps between where they are now and where they need to be in order to perform their role efficiently.
- Accommodating Learning Preferences Next, participants will review Kolb’s learning process and styles.
- Adult Learning This session will explore three aspects of adult learning: motivation, curriculum development, and classroom environment.
- The Art of Facilitation During this session, participants will talk about the art of facilitation and how an understanding of left brain and right brain learning can help them master this art.
- Planning a Workshop Next, participants will receive a brief introduction to planning and preparing a workshop.
- Visual Aids This session will cover some basic kinds of visual aids and encourage participants to determine if, how, and when they want to use each type.
- Your Role as an Effective Communicator During this session, participants will learn how to communicate effectively as a facilitator or trainer.
- Questioning as a Training Technique This session will explain how good questioning skills can make anyone a better trainer.
- Kirkpatrick’s Levels of Evaluation Next, participants will explore the four levels of evaluation, including samples for each type. Then, participants will develop their own evaluation for their training session at the end of the workshop.
- On-the-Job Support During this session, participants will explore why on-the-job support is so important after training has taken place, and what they can do to encourage it.
- Dealing with Difficult Situations This session will give participants some tools for dealing with training problems.
- Adding Some Fun Sometimes trainers can get so focused on bringing great content that we forget to work in time for reflection, laughter, or even bathroom breaks! This session will teach participants about the types of games they can add to their training session and how to be CREATIF.
- Team Teaching Next, participants will talk about co-facilitation.
- Training Preparation and Presentations Preparing, presenting, and evaluating team training sessions.
- Workshop Wrap-Up At the end of the day, students will have an opportunity to ask questions and fill out an action plan